- 1. Who pays for Neighbouring / Boundary Fencing?
If you are a property owner, the Fences Act 1972 contains the rules about who pays for a dividing fence. This and other fencing requirements can be accessed through the Department Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics.
You will need to notify your neighbours of the fence replacement or repair of your fence.
Our recommendation is to be proactive and speak with your neighbour(s) where applicable first to ascertain what type of fence you want and or if they are in agreement regarding the fence being replaced.
- 2. What is a Notice to Fence/Contribute for fencing work?
- You may be required to issue your neighbour with a Notice to Fence/Contribute for fencing work. You can find forms online, make sure you go to your state/territory for the correct one. In the Northern Territory, contact the Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics for advice.
- 3. What styles of fence can I choose from?
- We custom design and manufacture our fencing so the choices are endless. If you have a particular fence design in mind or a photo of something you would like, then please let us know. The standard styles of fencing include Tubular, slat, sheet and glass fencing.
- 4. What colours are available?
- We provide the full range of powder coat colours. The available range of colours can be viewed in the Dulux Powder coat Colour Chart Brochure.
- 5. Do you provide “Supply Only” for fencing?
- Yes, we can provide fencing you can install yourself. However, it only comes with limited guarantee.
- 6. Choosing a contractor:
Choosing your fencing contractor is important, some people go to the bottom line of their quote, and sadly they get what they pay for. We have spent many years in the fencing industry collectively and have seen the results of poor choices, unfortunately when quizzed more often than not it was about the price.
Imported panels can often seem the cheaper option at first, but too often we need to replace them within a few years. when the weld doesn’t’ hold up or the colour fades. Our Fabrication team delivers strong panel and tubular fencing that lasts the distance.
- 7. What to look for/ask in a fencing contractor?
• Did your quote come from the actual builder of the fence?
• Is your fence builder police checked?
• Does your fence builder hold the correct insurances/public liability?
• Are they WHS Accredited?
• Do they offer a guarantee that you are confident of?
• Is their quotation clear and concise so as to leave you in no doubt what you will be getting?
- 8. Do I need to clear my fence line?
- You will need to clear your fence line prior works proceeding (unless you have requested your Fence Installer perform the task), the garden/clearance needs to be min 600mm both sides of the fence.
- 9. Will you provide temporary fencing during the construction phase?
Yes. To provide you security and peace of mind our team can install temporary fencing overnight while works take place.
If the work is taking place due to significant damage to an existing fence, ask our team about install a temporary fencing while you are waiting for the repair works to commence.
- 10. Care and Warranties:
- Dependent on the type/style of fence and fencing materials. Ensure that you gather your information on how to care for your fence and save your fencing material (where applicable) warranties, some are transferable so well worthwhile hanging onto.